Atrophy

Atrophy

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Prism

I miss your voice.
When you speak the world stops,
and everything else is faint.
Only you are in focus.
Perception is narrowed to all that needs to be seen.
The only sight that matters.
The only soul that's necessary.
Being around you is something special.
Daily life consists of carrying the weight of 100 selfs on my own shoulders.
It's unbearable.
But when I'm in your presence the selfs dissipate, cease to exist.
It becomes freedom from all dead weight.
Listening to you talk is the most beautiful thing in life.
Laughter flutters from your mouth
and brings your welcoming essence.
Lifting me into the stratosphere.
Happiness resides there.
Scattered speech and thoughts
float through the clouds of emotion.
Little by little,
I learn you more.
A continuous pleasure.
I miss not only your voice,
I miss you.
Maybe it's not the end.
But if it is, I'm thankful for what was experienced.
The ultimate shaper of spirit.
You are the artist.
You are existence.
You are the sound that echoes, endlessly.
Beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment