Atrophy

Atrophy

Monday, August 3, 2015

Ignis Fatuus

Delusions are the basis of all life. Everything we do is shaped by concepts and ideals we've constructed in our minds throughout our lifetime. Our self-centeredness feeds our thoughts of what we think is and isn't. We are always right. We are never wrong. Except when we are. And yet, even with self-awareness of this fact we still won't change. Or maybe I'm just speaking for myself? Maybe it is just me. That's not so far-fetched. We are clouded. (There I go, using "we" again.) Delusions are as important as they are dangerous. Everyone loves to talk about fucking happiness. Happiness revolves around the roots of everything ideal, that is what we are taught to strive for. But happiness can never exist unless delusion is present, even if just vaguely. Because what we experience is never 100 percent what really is, in the grand scheme, only to ourselves. You see, the self-awareness is back. It can be troubling. Or do we just ignore the delusions to enjoy the what-we-have-in-the-now? All of this could be absolutely false. Or it could be as true as mistakes. I honestly don't know because I don't fully understand. I never will. I wish I could learn. I wish I could make sense of all of this. I'm delusional.

No comments:

Post a Comment